Friday, August 12, 2011

The best fun you can have is giving!

I am preparing to attend a charity event on Saturday. It's called Diva for a Day and it is for foster pre-teen and teen girls with their new foster moms.It is being put on by: http://www.wynspring.org/  They will be getting a nice lunch,  their hair primped, a Make-up makeover and of course, I will be polishing their nails. I received a very nice donation of 15 Files and 15 Full size Nicole polishes from ABS Beauty Supply in Roseville, CA http://www.absbeauty.com/index.html . I also received 15 lip Balms from Henry whom, is my Avon Rep. Here in Citrus heights, CA http://www.youravon.com/henrybrooks.  I don't want to leave out my girlfriend Amanda, whom works at the Zoo was able to get each of the girls a pass to the Zoo! Plus they will be getting allot of other goodies from others that are donating for this good cause.

I made these cute little gift bags for their goodies.




So I thought maybe some of you would like to try this, it is not hard.
Here I have (2) Shapes from Scrapbook paper. I used my electronic cutter to cut the (topnote like shape)
I also have a plain white paper lunch bag cut to just a bit under the size of the paper shape.

Next I used my double sided glue runner tape and ran the tape around all 4 edges of the bag. I adhered the paper shape to the bag on both sides.

Here is a side shot so you can understand how this goes together.

Another Shot- more of the front side

This is the stack of little bags waiting for decoration!

Next I add decoration to the front of the bags and punch a hole in the center top to make a handle.
This can get tricky. I used a round 1" punch on one side, lined up the other side with the 1st punch and punched again. I did do the 1st 2 bags through all the layers, but would not recommend it because it may break your punch.

This is the final result all bags have the goodies in them and are now packed up and ready to go to tomorrow's event!
I hope this will inspire you to give of your talents! You never know who will be blessed by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment