Monday, October 10, 2011

Christmas Planner

I am working on some christmas planners for gifts. I have had these compostion book for a long time when. I bought them when they were on sale at only 25 cents each. I decided to use up some of my scraps of scrapbook paper and embellishments this weekend. I came up with this, now if your my family this is a sneak peak of something you MAY get. I will be making all types of designs, so this won't actually be the one you may get. I thought I would post while I wait for the rain to die down, so I can do my grocery shopping today.

I took a composition book and altered it to this really useful Christmas planner.




To Make one of these:
You Need :
1) Composition notebook
2) Scrapbook pattern paper at least 8 1/2x 11 Size
3) Ribbon 1/2 yard
4) Cardstock Scraps
5) Embelishments
6) Strong glue runner, glue runner for lightweight paper and a strong liquid glue.
7) Sharps Scissors
8) Nail buffer or 180 grit nail file.

Instructions:
I did not cover the spine of the book. I did this so it would open and close freely.
1) Take an 81/2 by 11 pc of pattern paper and butt it up to the black binding on the front of the book.
2) Trace the pattern paper around the cover with a pencil to match the shape of the cover, trim it to size. It's ok to have a little overhang. I actually think it is better. You will be trimming that off after you glue that page down to the front of the book.
3) Adhere the patterned paper to the front cover, butting the paper up to the black spine edge.
With your scissors trim the paper close to the edge of the cover. With your nail buffer or file. Run the file down along the edge only going in one direction down on the paper for a smooth edge.
4) Adhere you ribbon  to the front with a dry glue runner, with about and inch over lapped to the back.
5) Cover your inside cover the same way, I used a solid peice of regular colored bond paper, but if you have lightweight pattern paper it it will do just fine. This will cover your ribbon overlap from the front side.
6)  Adhere a pocket on the front inside left. I used a christmas envelope. On the right side I added a printed calendar.


7) The tabs were a purchased item, I just labled them and glued them on with liquid glue.
I spearated the sections by using the colored bond paper.


8) The back inside and outside were done the same as the front.
I added a pocket with heavy duty cardstock.


The back the same paper as the front. *Note that I do not cover the spine of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment