Some came out darker than others, plus I also
dyed a newspaper piece and it turned out really nice.
If anyone has newspapers in another language I would love to get a page!
I will send you a few tags in trade.
This set is the same set, but a better picture.
This picture shows the 3 tags to show the difference between the
undyed paper and the coffee dyed one and the tea dyed one.
The one on the left is tea dyed, the center one is coffee dyed and
the on the right is the undyed one.
- Heat water as you would for tea.
- Add 6/8 tea bags to a glass baking pan.
- Add hot water just to cover the tea bags
- Let sit for 15 minutes, squeeze out the tea bags and throw them out.
- Add your tags or paper, let sit for at least 10 minutes or longer if you want them darker.
- Take them out, lay them on a towel to air dry.
Once dry I used my iron to heat set the tea stain. If you do this, make sure the have some type of pressing cloth over the tags while you iron. I used a cotton setting and kept my iron moving for just a few seconds on each side.